This funding is provided by the Government. It is ring-fenced and can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools. We are required to publish on-line information about how we have used the funding, including details about our sporting provision alongside curriculum details. This will ensure that parents/carers and others are made fully aware of the PE and Sporting provision at Greenhaugh Primary School.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- Support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4Life clubs
- Provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools