One of these is the "SEND Information Report".
Local authorities and other services, including schools, will now be setting out a local offer (Information Report) of all services available to support children who are disabled or who have a special education need (SEN) and their families. The Report will enable families to understand what services they can access and what support they can expect. The offer will include provision from birth to 25, across education, health and welfare.
- To provide clarity and confidence for parents
- To support earlier intervention
- To reduce the need for assessment
- To identify needs and gaps in provision
- To provide an evidence base for improving progress and securing better outcomes at school and local level.