At present we have 22 children, all but 5 having a school meal. It costs £2.30 per meal at the present time for those children that pay. The take up of our school midday meal is a very good illustration of how great our school dinners are! See for yourself above!
Your child may be entitled to a free school meal at any age (FSM) if you qualify for any of the following support:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Use the link below to see Greenhaugh Primary School's Midday Meal Menu
All the children eat in the hall supervised by a teacher and lunchtime supervisor. Good table manners and the sampling of all items on the menus are expected. If you wish to change arrangements for your child's meals, two weeks’ notice should be given except in case of emergency e.g. the packed lunch has been forgotten.
In line with the Government’s Food in School’s policy we request that packed lunches contain as few processed foods as possible, and that no crisps, chocolate bars, or fizzy drinks are included.
If you choose to provide a packed lunch, please inform the school secretary of your decision. For safety reasons, vacuum flasks and any other containers holding hot food or liquids are not permitted. Plastic containers specifically designed for children, with a small flip lid to take a straw, should be used. Fruit drinks can be brought in the disposable type of cardboard or plastic containers, but no fizzy drinks.
The minimum period for payment for school meals is one week, payable in advance, but to assist with administration, monthly, half termly payments are welcomed. Money should be sent in a named envelope. Children will be credited when they are absent.