At present we have 14 children, all but 1 having a school meal. It costs £2.40 per meal at the present time for those children that pay. The take up of our school midday meal is a very good illustration of how great our school dinners are!
Eligibility for free school meals
The government has made amendments to the eligibility criteria since April 2018. This is to reflect the introduction of Universal Credit.
PLEASE NOTE: Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Provided you have an annual net income of no more than £7,400
- This is assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run on
- Paid four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Use the link below to see Greenhaugh Primary School's Midday Meal Menu
The children eat in the hall supervised by a teacher and lunchtime supervisor. Good table manners and the sampling of all items on the menus are expected. If you wish to change arrangements for your child's meals, one weeks’ notice should be given except in case of emergency e.g. the packed lunch has been forgotten.
Packed Lunches - In line with the Government’s Food in School’s policy we request that packed lunches contain as few processed foods as possible, and that no crisps, chocolate bars, or fizzy drinks are included.
If you choose to provide a packed lunch, please inform the school secretary of your decision. For safety reasons, vacuum flasks and any other containers holding hot liquids are not permitted. Plastic containers specifically designed for children, with a small flip lid to take a straw, should be used. Fruit drinks can be brought in the disposable type of cardboard or plastic containers, but no fizzy drinks.
The minimum period for payment for school meals is one week, payable in advance, but to help with administration, monthly, half termly payments are welcomed. Money should be sent in a named envelope. Children will be credited when they are absent.